Dr. Andreas Stahl
Head of Institute / Institute for Resistance Research and Stress Tolerance
- Characterization of resistance and tolerance traits of cultivated plants against biotic and abiotic stress and elucidation of the underlying genetic determinants.
- Description of breeding progress and evaluation of genetic diversity with respect to performance characteristics under water shortage, reduced nutrient availability, extreme temperatures and occurrence of biotic stressors.
- Methodological development and application of phenotyping concepts to assess trait profiles of cultivated plants in interaction with environmental and management factors.
- Overall objective: Use of plant genetic resources as an integral part of sustainable development of plant production.
- Editorial Board Agronomy (since 2020)
- Membership in the German Agricultural Society (DLG)
- Member of the DLG committee for Experimental Systems in Plant Production
- Member of the DLG committee of the Junge DLG
- Membership of the German Society of Plant Breeding (GPZ)
- Membership of the German Society of Agronomy (GPW)