Dr. Annette Niehl
Institute for Epidemiology and Pathogen Diagnostics
- Head of the team „Viruses in cereals and sugar beet”
- Analysis of the biology, distribution, epidemiology, and control of plant viruses infecting cereals and sugar beet. Focus on soil-borne viruses in cereals
- Molecular characterization of plant viruses
- Molecular- and cell biological characterization of virus-vector-plant interactions
- Resistance screening of winter barley and winter wheat
- Deputy head of the EP-Virology laboratory of the national reference laboratory for harmful organisms in plants
- Current projects:
- "Investigations on the infection-inhibiting effect of a rhamnolipid-containing biopreparation and liquorice extract on soil-borne viruses of sugar beet and their plasmodiophorid vector under field conditions" Rhamnofield, financed by FNR of the federal ministry of food and agriculture.
- "Characterization of new barley mosaic virus variants and development of a variant-specific molecular test", ChanGE, financed by FNR of the federal ministry of food and agriculture.
- Reviewer for different scientific journals
- Member of the German Phytomedical Society (DPG); Vice working group leader of the working group “Plant Virus Diseases”
- Member of the Gemeinschaft der Förderer und Freunde des Julius Kühn-Instituts (GFF)
- Working Group Diagnosis, Sub-Working Group Virology of the National Plant Protection Organizations