Tel: +49 (0)3946 47 7560
Fax: +49 (0)3946 47 7502
Assignments and Research Activities:
- Head of the national reference laboratory for quarantine nematodes.
- Development and management of projects to control quarantine plant pest organisms on potatoes with a focus on preventing the spread of potato cyst nematodes and potato wart disease via residual soil from potato and sugar beet processing.
- Elaboration of methods for detection and identification of plant quarantine pests.
- Participation in committees of the European and Mediterranean Plant Protection Organization (EPPO) in the areas of diagnosis and quality management as well as phytosanitary measures to protect potatoes.
- Participation in expert working groups of the Federal States in the areas of nematology and quality management.
- Population biological studies to resolve the dispersal pathways of plant pest organisms.
Memberships and Co-operations:
- Member of the German Scientific Society for Plant Protection and Plant Health r.S. (DPG)
- Member of the DPG study group “Nematology”
- Member of the German Ecological Society (GfÖ)
- Member of the Panels on Diagnostics and Quality Assurance of the European and Mediterranean Plant Protection Organization (EPPO)
- Member of the panel on phytosanitary measures on potato (EPPO)