Tel: +49 (0)531 299 3828
Fax: +49 (0)531 299 3006 o. 3013
Assignments and research activities:
- Ecology and diversity of antibiotic resistance genes, mobile genetic elements, and horizontal gene spread.
- Structure and diversity of bacterial communities in soil, rhizosphere and phyllosphere.
- Detection and characterization of antibiotic resistant bacteria and human pathogens such as coliform bacteria (i.e. Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterobacter spp., and Citrobacter spp.), and Pseudomonas aeruginosa and their transferable resistome in treated wastewater and fresh produce.
- Effects of veterinary antibiotics on the diversity and transferability of antibiotic resistance genes and mobile genetic elements. (Scholarship/Libyan government).
- BMBF-funded project for "Use hydroponic systems for resource efficient agricultural water reuse" (HypoWave).
Professional career & education:
- 2014 - 2019: PhD studies at the Technical University Braunschweig, Faculty of Life Science (Department of Microbiology)
- 2009 - 2013: Assistant lecturer at University of Gharian, Botany Department, Faculty of Science, Gharain, Libya
- 2006 - 2009: Higher Agricultural Technologies Institute, Al-Kadara-Tarhuna, Libya
- 2005 - 2006: Food Engineer at Agriculture Ministry, Alamamra, Libya
- 2003 - 2005: Teacher at High School (Tarek Ben Ziad School), Masallatih, Libya
- 2009: M. Sc. (Microbiology), Faculty of Science, Mergheb University, Al-Khoms, Libya
- 1998: B. Sc. (Food Science), Faculty of Agriculture, Tripoli University, Tripoli, Libya