Tel: +49 (0)531 299 3718
Fax: +49 (0)531 299 3006 od. 3013
Area of research and tasks:
- Virus/viroid detection and identification methods and molecular epidemiology.
- Biological, morphological, serological, and molecular characterisation of viruses.
- Virus-vector-host interactions (genomics and proteomics).
- Molecular and biotechnological approaches for control of viral diseases.
- Development and optimisation of methods for isolation, propagation, and purification of plant viruses and viroids.
- Development and optimisation of diagnostic techniques for viruses and viroids.
- Histological and cytological studies on virus-infected plants and viruliferous vectors.
- High-throughput sequencing and bioinformatic analyses.
- Dec 2019 Doctor of natural sciences
Thesis: Plant virus identification and virus-vector-host interactions
- Sep 2014 Master of Science
Ghent University, Belgium
Thesis: Caenorhabditis elegans - Orsay virus interaction: infection dynamics, antiviral inheritance, and genetic architecture of susceptibility
- Jul 2007 Bachelor of Science in Agricultural sciences
Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
- EUPHRESCO PRONC: Phytosanitary risks of newly introduced crops
- TEMPER: The influence of temperature on the sensitivity of rapeseed varieties and genotypes to turnip yellows virus and pests
- EUPHRESCO PHBN: Plant Health Bioinformatics Network
Memberships and other activities:
- Member of Microbiology Society
- Ad-hoc reviewer for Journal of Plant Pathology