Tel: +49 (0)531 299 3375
Fax: +49 (0)531 299 3007
Assignments and Research Activities:
- Coordination and conduction of phytosanitary pest risk analyses. Assessment of the risks of plant pests with regard to their introduction and spread, potential impacts, and threats to biological diversity.
- Application and improvement of pest risk analysis standards and procedures of the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC), the European and Mediterranean Plant Protection Organisation (EPPO) and the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
- Development of methods for the assessment of impacts of plant pests on the environment and on ecosystem services.
- Communication of results of pest risk analyses to the competent authorities in Germany and Europe (e.g. German Plant Protection Services, EPPO), including cooperation regarding the implementation of relevant EU legislation in Germany.
- Member of the International Advisory Group „Pest Risk Analysis“ (IAGPRA) of the IPPC
- Member of the (EFSA) Plant Health Panel
- Core member of the EPPO Expert Working Groups for the conduction of pest risk analyses (PRAs)
- Member of the (EPPO) Panel on PRA Development