Tel: +49 (0)3946 47-4965
Fax: +49 (0)3946 47-4805
Schwabenheimer Straße 101
Assignments and Research Activities:
- Head of the research group “Beneficial Arthropods and Functional Biodiversity”.
- Research on identification, production and use of invertebrate biological control agents for the regulation of native and invasive pests in agriculture.
- Development of strategies for conservation and enhancement of beneficial arthropods in agroecosystems.
- Methods for identification and quality control of invertebrate biological control agents in mass rearing and production.
- Further development of methods for testing side-effects of plant protection measures on non-target organisms and for risk assessment of exotic biological control agents.
- Involvement in the EPPO/IOBC Panel on „Biological control agents” for elaboration of recommendations on import and release of exotic biological control agents.
- Member of the German Society for General and Applied Entomology (DGaaE)
- Member of the German Phytomedical Society r.s. (DPG)
- Head of the Working Group „Beneficial arthropods and entomopathogenic nematodes“ of the DGaaE & DPG.
- Member of the “International Organization for Biological and Integrated Control of Noxious Animals and Weeds / West Palaearctic Regional Section”(IOBC/WPRS): - Convenor of the Publication Commission